Wednesday, January 4, 2017

#125 5D4N Trip to China & HK - Part I.

First and foremost, HAPPY 2017 peeps!



A fresh new year is once again upon us. Be thankful of the past and appreciate the presence. May 2017 brings us all an abundant of joy, good health and good vibes. Remember to plan your 365 days well and make full use of it (even if it means just taking a day off from your hectic work/school life and lay back at home and do nth) loll. Wish y'all the best!

--

Anyhoo, I'm here, to blog 'bout my trip to China and HongKong just a fortnight ago hehe. I like how I put an end to my 2016 this way - leaving footprints and taking only memories in a different country with my beloved. Ok so, I'm gonna keep it really short and quick cos I bet you guys just wanna look at the photos and skip all these blabbering (seemingly unimportant information), whilst I wanna have it jotted down somewhere so i'm doing it here :3

And as stated in the title post, obviously I'll be separating this post into 2 parts: China and HK. It's easier that way otherwise this post is gonna look extremely draggy. 


ShenZhen - DongMen, China


My bf's family planned to go ShenZhen in Dec'16 cos there was some sort of ticket promo going on and it was really cheap so, why not? Anyway, we took an early morning flight at about 6AM to ShenZhen from Malaysia and boy was I thrilled cos it was my first time travelling to somewhere cold. We landed 'round 10AM and the temperature was at 12-13 degree celcius. It was cold, but I liked it soooo much. I've always been a rainy-season kind of person. I always choose cold/rainy over hot/sunny and I knew I'd love winter season too (maybe not the ones that go below 5 degree celcius).

Our first stop in ShenZhen was this restaurant that I do not know what is it called because I can't friggin read chinese lol. But anyhoo, that's not the point. The food was good and I like how they cook with chili most of the time. I swear my tolerance towards spicy food is beyond incredible and I gotta admit I am a megaaaa fan of spicy food. Get me them Hunan dishes alrd!




After lunch, we walked around the streets and explored XinHu street. Then headed back to sleep for a bit cause we didn't get a good sleep before we leave. In the evening, we simple explored around DongMen, the shopping street, where you can find basically everything.







--

ShenZhen - Luo Hu District, China





To keep it simple and short, we took the subway train to LuoHu District and had super good dim sum on Day 2. LuoHu District is another shopping centre which you can get there by train or taxi, and you can get practically any stuff there, like you'd be amazed with how pretending to be "not interested in the item" can help you to get a further markdown. Literally from 160-200yuan to 60-80yuan. It's fascinating. And don't get me started with how it is so bloody efficient and convenient with the subway station practically situated everywhere you go. Can't Malaysia be like that too? Lol.


I'm salivating just by looking at it uhmagawddd.


#sherrootd








Also, I loveeeeee street food! Always have. And I've always wanted to try slurping hot noodles on a cold weather like this. It feels just too good to be true. You ought to try it someday, even if you loathe cold weather or street food.




I didn't take that much of pictures cos everywhere looked very similar and I tend to forget to snap pictures when I enjoy the trip/occasion a little too much, seriously (also because i'm very exhausted from the continuous walking la tbh lmao). And also this is more of a shopping trip. We didn't visit any historic places and whatnot so there really isn't much to show you guys. Well, I have more photos in my camera but I am just gonna keep it short and simple. So, yup, that's bout it! Stay tune for part 2!!

Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment