Tuesday, February 14, 2017

#126 5D4N Trip to China & HK - Part 2


I'm finally back to do a wrap up! I know I've delayed part2 for way too long. Anyhooo..

On D3, we decided to travel to HongKong for a day trip 'cause I've never been to HK. We were contemplating earlier 'cause it would be a very tiring trip to travel around like that, especially without a tour guide. We have to figure our way around so I'd say it was quite an adventurous trip. But it wasn't all that confusing/hard to get to HK and it was easy for us to ask for directions 'cause we happen to bump into nice people lolol. 




Our first stop was at this fineee looking restaurant in HK (which i've no idea what is the place called). I'd rate this place 8/10! I like how everything was served hot and fresh so it was extremely satisfying to me. Or perhaps I was already famished by the time we ate this 'cause we took about 3hrs by train, to arrive HK. And we skipped breakfast that day 'cause we were running late T.T




I was pretty damn overwhelmed with this abalone porridge. T'was so so good :3



#sherrootd




We stopped almost at every station; MongKok, YauMaTei, TsimTsaTshui, ShaTin, HungHom, CausewayBay and lastly Victoria Harbour. Just casually walking around, looking for shoes (literally shoes hunter) and just experiencing a Honkie's lifestyle .




Couldn't resist myself from snapping a picture with the Line teddy eventhough there were so many people waiting to take a picture with it. Funny how my bf's mom asked me to quickly step in and take pictures LOLL. Gotta thank her for that! 😃






And stopped by Holly Brown Cafe in HK to have a quick dessert sesh, which turned out to be a really long one since we have access to other social media platforms and we were all so dead beat from walking and taking trains since D1. I am pretty sure we all burned more calories than we consumed.

Not long after we took a subway train to Victoria Harbour, which is a must-visit when you're in HK especially when it's your first time! It's sad that we missed out Lan Kwai Fong 'cause it's such a hassle for us to get there by train since it's really out of the way.




We have so many ugly and retarded pictures taken together and I really think it's not appropriate to have them posted up in my blog so... 😀









One tick off my bucket list! Always wanted to experience this myself. Walking around Victoria Harbour with my love at night, just looking at the city of lights, while enjoying the cold breeze. So i'm glad that I got to experience it this trip!







And headed back to ShenZhen around 10PM.

Well, that's a wrap!

If you were to ask me how would I rate this trip, or how I find this trip, then my answer would be a fair 7/10 for an overall. It was a love-hate trip to me, but it was nonetheless very adventurous cause we had to figure our way around ShenZhen and HongKong. We didn't rely on waze, tour guide, maps or any of that sort. We only googled where we wanted to go and took subway trains throughout the entire journey to get to our destinations. 

Also note that all of us are really bad at mandarin. We can't speak well, nor read, nor write 😀 literally bananas. 

But I enjoyed all the little things throughout this trip. From rushing for transportation, to good food, to shopping sesh, to visiting HK, to midnight snacks sesh, to having hot soup/snacks under 15 degree celcius, to getting to experience my very first oversea trip with my boyfriend is the best one yet. 

Totally looking forward to the next trip with my bf! This time hoping we'd go for something crazier - for instance, water sports 😉 though I've aquaphobia. I really wanna get out of my comfort zone. I love heights, I can deal with it, but I've never learnt how to deal with water. 

Thank you for spending time to read my blog!

'till then, xx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment