Monday, September 29, 2014

#96 Tujo @ Ascott, Kuala Lumpur

#selfie? haha.

My best friend (Lyn) and I were born on the same date, month and year and it's a pleasure to be able to meet someone who shares the same birthday with you. Don't you think? We are friends since Form 2 (14 y/o) and we've been celebrating our birthdays together ever since. The fact that she is leaving for UK to further her studies this year got us thinking that we should make an advanced birthday celebration since she's leaving before our actual birthday. 

Sooooo, I suggested Tujo.

My #ootn - 3 floor inspired dress.

View from where we sat that day.


The jakoons (Lyn and I) thought that we'd have to splurge and go broke on this birthday celebration 'cause I suggested to head down to KL for dinner, but to our surprise, everything was priced pretty reasonably. We actually thought it'd cost about RM50/plate lol.

Meet this exceedingly beautiful, fine young lady, Lyn.

Ordered myself a glass of Apple Mint Cooler @ RM17

You might think that RM17 for a drink is too much, but upon tasting it, you'll know that it's worth paying for that price ;)



Tujo Grilled Burger @ RM30

Lyn got herself the beef burger - home made mouth-watering beef patty, aged cheddar melt, bacon and egg with potato wedges and salad as sides.

Seafood risotto @ RM33

Arborio rice that was cooked to al-dente in a good dose of tomato broth, basil pesto and mixed seafood such as prawns, calamari, mussels and scallop. I don't think i've missed anything out. Sorry if I did.


And how is it a birthday celebration if there's no desserts or a cake in precise, right? 

Lava cake with a scoop of Haagen Dazs's vanilla ice-cream @ RM15.

I honestly don't think it's worth paying RM15 for something this small. Or at least it's not satisfying enough for a sweet-tooth like us. Despite that, it tastes pretty good.

A mandatory selfie with the "birthday lava cake" hahaha!

It was a splendid pre-birthday night out with the best friend and it's one of the most memorable one with her. Top-notch food + cozy and romantic ambiance + super amazing companion = a perfect date. 



She's in the UK now, and encountering a (perhaps) once in a lifetime studying experience with total strangers in a completely new environment. I've been missing her the minute she left and as gay as it may sounds, I had a hard time adapting to the fact that she's not around anymore until the next time I see her, which is next year. I was so used to having her around and being able to call her out whenever because we live in the same housing area. So we meet every single week. And no, we aren't lesbians -.- hahah!

It's hard to find true friends and I swear that is rare. So, appreciate those who love and care for you whilst they're still around ;)

Tujo Bar-sserie and Grill
9, Jalan Pinang
The Ascott, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Contact no.: 03-21617789 / 012-2103055
Business Hours: Monday - Sunday ( 7am - 1am )

No comments:

Post a Comment