Friday, April 21, 2017

#128 BALI Getaway: Day 1 and Day 2.


What day was it? It's D-Dayyyy!! ✈

My bf and I have been planning to go on a beach getaway once I graduate from college. So I've been waiting patiently for the day to come. Can you tell the excitementtt!!? We were contemplating between a few places and we decided to spend our holiday in Bali.

Did our booking through AirAsiaGo.com and booked a 5D4N stay with Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel at only about RM1,200/pax. Flight, accommodation and taxes included! Also booked ourselves a personal tour guide whom I highly recommend! He speaks well English and he knows his way around Bali very well since he has been doing this for almost 9 years. So if you'll be heading to Bali and would love to get yourself a personal tour guide, then drop a comment below and I'll share the details.





Departed from KLIA2 at about 10:30AM and arrived in Bali at approximately 1:30PM. Arrived right in time for lunch! Our personal tour guide, Mr. Agus, arrived on time and quickly brought us to the nearest and probably most affordable warung for a quick bite before we continue with our journey. 



This is their usual nasi campur bali where they serve a variety of vegetables with meat and rice. Not recommended, so i'm not even bothered to remember the name of the place. Let's move on...

So our second stop was at Water Blow @ Nusa Dua, Bali. Not too far from the airport. Arrived there at about 3PM and took a quick tour around the beautiful place. We left at about 4PM 'cause we wanted to catch the sunset at the next destination.



Water Blow @ Nusa Dua, Bali.






My #sherrootd for Day 1. Cropped top from Tapas, shorts from Factorie, backpack from Shopee, and shades from Cotton-On.

The name of the place says it all; Water BLOWWW. The waves will be hitting against the rocks and splassshh! But it was a little let down 'cause we were hoping that the tide would come by the time we arrived, but I guess we were just unlucky? Or we were slightly too early. Cause there was nothing to see 😭 though I enjoyed myself there just looking into the ocean, enjoying the warm breeze and get carried away, thinking 'bout absolutely nothing.

P/s: No entrance fee needed for WaterBlow.


A picture with ma bae! 💖

 And not forgetting a group-fieee 😁

And here is where the horror beginnnnns.

Like I don't even wanna talk about it, but it is a part of the memory so I guess I'll just have to say it. Anyhoo, I puked my way to Uluwatu Temple @ Kuta South, Bali. If you didn't know, I have ear-balance problem. Which means! The volume of fluid in my ear is constantly changing depending to my surrounding, causing balance problems, hearing loss and dizziness. I prep myself well before I go on a vacay. I got my meds with me, but it just didn't seem to be helpful when the road in Bali is just.. bad. Can't blame thou, Bali is an island. I should've expected the journey to be very.. VERY bumpy.

I couldn't regain my balance even after I overdosed myself with medicine and candies. But since we were already there, I thought, let's not put it to waste and snap a couple of pictures before we leave. We were in Uluwatu for only like what? 10-15minutes? And we left. lol.


Uluwatu Temple @ Kuta South, Bali.



Our initial plan was to have dinner at Jimbaran Bay after the visit in Uluwatu, but due to my awful condition, we had to cancel the plan and head to the hotel immediately. I was literally dying. My face went pale, my lips turned colour, my hands were cold and I was having cold sweat. Le-tothefriggin-git.

P/s: 30,000IDR entrance fee per person. 


Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel @ Kuta, Bali.

 Complimentary welcome drink which kinda make me feel better. According to the receptionist, it's their traditional ginger-tea.






After checking in at about 7:30PM, we rest for a bit, showered and headed out to have dinner.




They've matcha and salted caramel topping in Bali's McD! How can we ever say no to that!?



Horse-carriage. It's really cute to see the horses and ponies walking around like that, but I didn't quite like the idea? I wouldn't want to sit on the carriage and add more weight/burden to the horses 😕





After wandering and exploring the night life in Kuta, we decided to head back to our hotel before 12 midnight to sit by the pool at the rooftop and chat our night away. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Day 2 in Bali.


What's better than to step out of your hotel on a morning to a view like this? Gosh.





We didn't do any visiting / sight-seeing on Day 2. Instead, we wandered around Jalan Legian, Jalan Kartika, and Jalan Poppies 1 and 2. Just casually walking around, looking for food and things to buy.











Beachwalk Shopping Centre @ Kuta, Bali.




Stopped by at Beachwalk Shopping Centre as it was only about 5 minutes walk away from our hotel.










This scorching hot weather calls for a popsicle!

After walking around for about 3-4 hours, we went back to our hotel to rest for a bit. But my bf and I decided to hit the gym since we have free access to it. Gym-junkie wannabe mou? Lol. Went to the gym and spent about 45-50 minutes doing cardio and strength training. And jumped into the pool for a swim right after!


Candid, which explains the unglam sitting posture 😂




After our gym and swim sesh, we went out to have dinner at Dulang cafe; our new found love. Love the food there especially their nasi campur Bali and fisherman's basket although it's slightly pricey compared to other warung(s)/restaurants. 








Ended the night with more nonsensical talks and endless laughter with the bunch 😘 Headed back to the hotel at approx 12:30 midnight 'cause we will be starting our Day 3 as early as 9AM.

And that's about it for Day 1 and 2. Stay tuned for the next update on my trip to Bali!

Much love, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment