Monday, January 12, 2015

#107 The Grumpy Cyclist @ TTDI


It surely is a nuisance for me to drive all the way to TTDI from where I live because it takes approx 30-35 minutes to get there (minus the traffic and the difficulty in looking for a parking spot). So I would read up a few trust-worthy recommendations and reviews before I decided to step in a cafe in TTDI for I wouldn't want to drive all the way there and ended up leaving with bad aftertaste from the food.

It was a sunny afternoon and I had some time to travel to somewhere far from home. So, I thought I should head over to The Grumpy Cyclist in hoping that they'd serve really hearty breakfast menu which many people have been raving about so, why not?


English breakfast tea



I may not fancy cycling/bicycle and stuffs like that, but I really like the concept of this cafe - something unusual yet alluring enough to attract patrons into the cafe. & I believe that a cyclist enthusiast would really enjoy the ambiance here.






Though the cafe may be rather small and it could be hard to get a place to seat during peak hours so try to avoid going during the peak hours and on weekends. Maybe weekdays would be a good idea 'cause I was there with my friend during the weekdays.


Oliver James @ RM12

Some fluffy and yummy scrambled eggs with toast placed beneath and a few strips of bacons. I would really suggest you girls to go for this one because the Big Breakfast that TGC serves is really huge (a plus point for that! 'cause it's super worth it).


The Gran Fondo a.k.a Big Breakfast @ RM18

A typical breakfast platter with baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, toast, sunny side up, bacons and sausages. I bet you can tell by the look of the picture above that the portion is pretty big for a girl. I can barely finish this, but I forced myself to finish it 'cause I really loathe leaving my food unfinished on the table - it's a common table manner that all of us should practice anyway. Though they should go easy on the seasoning 'cause the bacons were too salty.




And a plus point for this cafe is that they do serve Inside Scoop's ice-cream. Big breakfast at a super reasonable price + getting to indulge Inside Scoop's ice-cream without having to travel to the actual outlet? Okay this place is awesome, no?

The Grumpy Cyclist
36, Jalan Datuk Sulaiman
Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI), KL
60000, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Contact no.: 03 - 77311400

No comments:

Post a Comment